Tribute - 30th Anniversary Floorstanding Speaker
While much has changed in the world over thirty years, one thing
remains constant: our universal love of music. The soul's desire to make
music and the exquisite joy in listening. And as long as the world is
listening, Paradigm will continue to innovate, exploring new ways to
convey the unexplainable magic that is music. A breathtaking new
aesthetic meets equally breathtaking sound quality in a series that
celebrates our roots: two-channel listening. Made in Canada.
Hand-polished Dark Garnet Gloss finish.
What is Paradigms 30th Anniversary Series and What Makes it Unique?
milestone anniversary is a unique opportunity to pause and reflect on
what in Paradigms case has been a remarkable journey. From modest
beginnings in Toronto, Canada, our speakers are now sold on six
continents. We have won hundreds of product awards and received
thousands of rave reviews. The Paradigm Reference 30th Anniversary
Series is meant to commemorate and celebrate that journey. It is a
visual, design and technology composite of what we have learned over
thirty years. In other words, a labor of love. It is a true limited
edition, part of a very small production run. There will be no
additional production once quantities run out. And there will never be
another series like it.
- P-Be Pure-Beryllium Tweeter Domes: Beryllium was
first used in our ultra-high-end Signature Series speakers, chosen for
its exceptional thermal, physical and mechanical properties. It is
lighter than diamond or aluminum with unmatched rigidity. Anniversary
Series response is instantaneous and uniform. Elevating the tweeter
dome ever so slightly promoted optimal off-axis dispersion.
- Die-Cast Chassis with Diffraction Control Architecture:
The die-cast aluminum eliminates flexing and ringing while also
providing a heatsink for superior power handling. The anti-diffraction
cross-hatching visible across the elegant tweeter panel prevents edge
diffraction and other unwanted sound reflections from interfering with
- Ferro-Fluid Cooled and Damped Motor Structures:
Ferro-fluid cooling promotes extended frequency response and superb
power handling. High-temperature copper voice coils and ventilated
Apical formers ensure accuracy, reliability and linearity.
- Powerful Neodymium Magnet Structure: Promotes an extremely high field force in the magnetic gap.
- Vented Soft-Iron Magnetic Pole Piece: Computer-optimized to work in tandem with the magnet to concentrate flux on the voice coil.
- Rear Volume Piece: Shaped and sized to deliver that
sought-after rear-chamber effect in which opportunities for unwanted
resonances to colour output are dramatically reduced by the increase
in chamber volume.
Midrange & Bass Midrange Drivers
- Black Anodized-Aluminum Dedicated Midrange Cones:
Cone material presents a very high stiffness-to-mass ratio and
outstanding internal damping for remarkable clarity, extended bass and a
complete absence of unwanted resonances and distortions.
- Overmolded Extreme Low-Density Synthetic Butyl Surrounds:
Highly damped butyl boasts a profile optimally shaped to deliver deep,
smooth, authentic midrange performance without a hint of distortion.
Extreme linearity was also an important design goal.
- Durable Nomex Spiders were tooled for added depth the restorative force is supremely accurate.
- Die-Cast Aluminum Heatsink Chassis with AVS Cooling:
The die-cast chassis basket features our trademark AVS Airflow
Ventilation System forced-air cooling to boost power handling, ensure
ultra-low distortion and reliability. CNC- machining ensured a precision
- Injection-Molded Electroplated Phase-Coherent Dust Caps: Critically shaped, the caps contribute to the exceptionally accurate phase response and wide dispersion of the series.
- Dual ATC Asymmetrical Tapered Channels: Precision
die-cast chamber with dual, tapered interior channels for optimal
internal volume. Asymmetrical design dissipates the back wave while the
center of the chamber is direct-coupled to the huge magnet structure
providing an efficial thermal escape path for heat from the voice coil.
(Dedicated midrange driver design only.)
- Oversize Ceramic Magnet with Symmetrical Focused Field Geometry: Low distortion and exceptional linearity, even under extreme operating conditions.
- Advanced Motor Structure: High-temperature
multi-layer copper voice coils with ventilated Apical formers provide
tremendous accuracy, reliability and excellent linear response.
- Vented Soft-Iron Magnetic Pole Piece: FEA-optimized and tooled to support the extended cone excursion.
- Metal Top Plate: FEA-optimized and tooled to support the extended cone excursion.
- Injection-Molded Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Bass Cones: The injection-molding process and 30% mineral content have produced a rigid cone design with predictable repeatability.
- Patented Overmolded NLC Non-Limiting Corrugated Santoprene Surrounds*:
An advanced thermoplastic vulcanizate, Santoprene was chosen for its
flexilibity as well as its durability in a variety of environmental
conditions. Overmolded to the cone for a superior lasting bond, even
under extreme operating conditions.
- Durable Nomex Spiders take advantage of the higher excursion. Spiders were tooled for added depth the restorative force is supremely accurate.
- Long-Stroke Motor System doubles the linear portion
of the stroke to exploit the possibilities inherent in the extended
excursion. High-temperature copper wire on a Kapton former.
- Oversized Ceramic Magnet promotes high output, low distortion and excellent power handling.
- Die-Cast Aluminum Heatsink Chassis with AVS Cooling:
The die-cast chassis basket includes our trademark AVS Airflow
Ventilation System forced-air cooling desing to boost power handling,
ensure ultra-low distortion and reliability. CNC-machining ensured a
- High-Integrity Polypropylene Dust Caps: Molded to promote wide, uniform off-axis dispersion and smooth, extended bass response.
- Vented Soft-Iron Magnetic Pole Piece: FEA-optimized and tooled to promote increased linearity and extended cone excursion.
- Metal Back and Top Plate: FEA-optimized and tooled to promote increased cone excursion.
30th Anniversary Series Crossovers
Paradigm designs, engineers and manufactures drive units with ideal
response characteristics. This allows for minimal crossover networks.
While this simple' approach requires greater R&D time, it always
produces speakers with superior sonic performance.
Anniversary Series crossovers are highly refined phase-coherent
quasi-Butterworth designs, using only hand-selected close-tolerance
- Polypropylene capacitors
- Precision high-power ceramic resistors
- Air-core and laminated silicon steel-core inductors
Drivers and crossovers are internally connected using superior
heavy-gauge HPC High-Purity Copper wire. High-frequency and
low-frequency crossover sections are physically separated to prevent any
component inter action. Slopes and crossover points are selected for
seamless driver integration, thereby preserving the complex timbral and
spatial information of the original performance. Speaker inputs allow
for bi-wiring or bi-amplifying using high-power gold-plated input.
Additional High-End Touches
A Paradigm exclusive! Baffle-less technology:
butyl-rubber driver fastening system in which critically placed
isolation inserts and gaskets decouple drivers from the speakers
enclosure. The result is an unparalleled reduction of driver/enclosure
interactions and their associated resonances and vibrations.
Removable Low-Profile Grilles
to be played with their grilles on, Anniversary Series speakers will
sound every bit as clean, clear and transparent when playing with their
High-Velocity Low-Noise Aluminum Ports
Bass efficiency and minimum turbulence distortion for cleaner and more articulate bass response.